I use Subsonic media server (subsonic.org) ALL the time for streaming music from my home PC to wherever I am.

I recently was fiddling with putting this media server on a Banana Pi (like a Raspberry Pi. My plan was to put the Pi into a vehicle and use it for playing my music. However, I ran into an issue after several trips in the vehicle the server would not start up.

After searching through the log files I encountered numerous (ok 100's or 1000's) errors mentioning 'User SA not found'. After some googling it turns out that this is most often due to database corruption.

Sermons for my home church, St. Vital EMC will no longer be posted on my website. Instead you can find them on the St. Vital EMC site svemc.org/sermons.

Test Driven Development (aka TDD) is a very useful practice that helps to reduce the number of bugs in production code. However, I do not utilize strict TDD as most others do. String TDD is all about excessive positive re-enforcement and also encourages writing useless code.

If you are getting the following error when adding in app billing to your Android app, there could be one of a couple problems causing it.

1. Your app might not be configured for "in app billing". Make sure your manifest.xml file is requiring the "in app billing" permission.

Just spent some time learning some terminal magic for filtering through log files looking for specific data.  Check out what I found!

I've always liked KeePass for storing passwords in a secure format.  It gave me:
1. encrypted passwords
2. a password protected file (one password to remember instead of 100)
3. and the ability to auto-complete passwords onto a webpage
4. oh and its free

Pay as you go calculator is now on the Amazon App store.  Check out the app page: here

My app is finally published on Google Play.   Check it out!

Just a quick note about loading pages with Google Maps on browsers that have AdBlock Plus installed.  The AdBlock Plus browser addon is known to cause problems with Google Maps.  If you are having issues loading pages with Google Maps on them, try disabling the plugin before going balistic trying to figure out the cause for the loading issues.

Terminal commands for blocking incoming connections from an IP as well as viewing all currently blocked IP's